Saturday, June 25, 2005

Memory of a Kiss

Did we squirm together,
          thou and I,
                    amongst these frayed sheets?

As morning heats into locomotion
          traffic, a rising crescendo,
                    penetrates amorphous dreams.

I forget the address now,
          but the bed was soft no doubt,
                    and clean enough.

Only weary from the constant traffic.
          The phrases uttered escape me now,
                    lost amid the clatter of sound
and chatter.

I sigh
and squeeze my ears to recapture
          a line or two
                    of what passed between me and you
in our tender mapping of the night,

but all that I can recollect
          is a soft burr of tongue,
                    hummingbird to honeyspot,
          and the nectar of your mouth.


©Rae Pater

4 comments:

CSOC said...

Hey Rae- this is quite phenomenal.

Pris said...

Hi Rae
Very romantic. This is a bit of a style change for you, isn't it? That's one thing I enjoy about reading you...you always surprise me.

Unknown said...

Yesterday those symbols did not show up and now they are there.... Oh I know why I am viewing the blog today from Mozzilla.

d.

Unknown said...

It depends on the browser - on aol and explorer it is fine.

d.