Monday, June 20, 2005

The Heat

.
The heat has hit. My head is cracking under stress
last week’s strenuous work : meetings for marks
next year’s meandering steps, two sleepless nights _
my friend is sick,
my mother is sick, my father is sick_

and again we wander beyond daily notes
the thermometer of an average lifespan is right there
80 : old; 90 : what an age; 100 : almost impossible,
and then?

listen, I am weak, these are my people
every evening in bed my eyes cry –
the conscious is kept unconscious ///sleep sleepy mind///
I know it is out of compassion that I do not have to know
but I see the slope dizzily fixing down the vertigo
is intolerable _ I finally dive into the water blue as the
bottom of the swimming pool

water

the creaking of the key of the neighbor
when justice strikes she will be hanged
her guts/eyes/brain/arms/fingers beaked
by ravens – in circles it goes

the light of hate is piercing – the one of love
muddled obscure oblique impossible to distinguish
worries in waves submerge me in any attempt
of seeing through – blindly I gulp down water
there is no air in this liquid mass when the heat hits.
.

No comments: