Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Girl God Cheats On

(for Katy)


Isinglass in combat       boots
all the lies your mama taught you rolled into one
I would fly but Henny stole my helium
last night - the Barricade - 47th - fuck

Henny I stride so past when your high-
assed senorita catches her stilettos
in a sewer grate & hisses Huy! Wait for me! Jesus!
through the gap       in her teeth

I am the gap             Nobody
waits for me     I am the flip side

blue Blue arm etched to rock: call it night or soul
or baby     call it lock-down by the clank
& this is really it – the clank of a man-hole cover

I am cat-silver Once I took a picture of a man
his face besmirched in lipstick kisses
from his lovely drag queen weeping

at his side            He gave me
the finger            then farted

I am the April ice of the East River
melting into the rumble of the Atlantic
You ever met a shade of grey you didn’t like?

I am white graffiti on a dirty white wall
Mock orange, fat chance, a nice Jewish girl
off leash I am the echo of matte black
in the titty bar where the      crack

splits          under your feet
I am the dream in the pavement
I live surrounded by the sound of the sky

breaking     I am the suicide note you found
in a fortune cookie the oath you left in the dryer
of a coin-op Laundromat I am the girl
God cheats on who        the hell are you?

4 comments:

Ivy said...

This rocks.

\m/

Unknown said...

punk rock baby!!!!

djuana said...

great poem - pavement pounder - click - click - army boots & stilleto flick - god cheats - in heat - waaaaaaaaaay cool 21 dear...

djxo

Pris said...

Super poem!!!