Friday, July 01, 2005

Tame the Ghosts (CTG)

My partner has a new rockabilly CD out but the title track "Tame the Ghosts"
is not the one I wrote with lyrics about past loves, Marjorie, Andrea, and Pat.

It's a more serious song by the Frenchman born of a Swedish woman teacher
and a Tunisian who died of a heart attack and is buried in a quiet French village;

camellia blossoms in the graveyard at night, chime of the church clock.
Ghosts haunt us -- as I write these words, as I lift my coffee cup to drink,

past lives of friends and family that touch us for a few moments in the celestial
arc of our travels. So I struggle to describe the ghosts that shadow me always.

Christopher T. George

9 comments:

Pris said...

ahh..he's quite handsome!

Christopher T. George said...

Thanks, Pris. Erik Sitbon, interesting fellow. Big fan of Elvis... I believe we discussed before that Erik and I wrote a song called "Tupelo Boy" about Elvis's early years. We also have one about Billy the Kid on the same CD.

All my best

Chris

Erin said...

he reminds me of what's his name, Kenny G?

can the CD be ordered somewhere?

Pris said...

I didn't realize this was the same person you described to me earlier. You two make quite a team! I hope success continues your way.

Christopher T. George said...

Hi Erin

I have asked Erik how you can order the CD. Meanwhile since you are in North Carolina you can come and see our musical "Jack--The Musical" in Charlotte in September. See http://www.actorssceneunseen.com/ripper.asp -- this has samples of the music from our show.

All my best

Chris

Erin said...

Excellent, that's only about 15-20 minutes from my house! Maybe we can talk Jenni and Jack into going too :)

Christopher T. George said...

Sounds great, Erin!

Chris

hwf said...

I like the format for this, Chris. And the last line is universal. Good work.

Helm.

Christopher T. George said...

Thanks, Helm ~ ! :-)

Chris