Thursday, July 14, 2005

What The Fortune Teller Said And Did Not Say

Sofia said I would always live near water knowing I was heading back to Miami.
Sofia did not say I would move near a Great Lake.
Sofia said I would have twins.
Sofia did not say I would have two boys and two girls.
Sofia said there would be an argument over an inheritance.
Sofia did not say we would sell the duplex.
Sofia said I would live happily ever after.
Sofia did not say I would get a divorce.
Sofia said my next lover sat on a throne.
Sofia did not say he was a drummer.
Sofia said he had a little devil next to him.
Sofia did not say his handle was ludeboy 66.
Sofia said there was a man who lived with his son.
Sofia said there would be an incarceration.
Sofia did not say I would bail him out over and over again.
Sofia said I would marry my soul mate.
Sofia said he was well off.
Sofia did not say it was his vocabulary that was rich.
Sofia said he was old.
Sofia did not say he was an old soul.
Sofia said he was not my nationality.
Sofia said “I did not say what color his eyes were”.
Sofia said she came to Cuba when she was a girl.
Sofia said she left Cuba as a woman.
Sofia said the coffee was Turkish.
Sofia said the cards read what is on our heart.
Sofia said she was a mother.
Sofia did not say she was a grandmother.
Sofia said she was old.
Sofia did not say she was dying.
Sofia said if she got paid, she’d lose her gift.
Sofia said Tio Manolo would receive very bad news.
Sofia did not say we would watch the news as helicopters searched for John John.
Sofia said I would live happily ever after.
Sofia did not say happily ever after is a very long time.
Sofia said I could change everything she said.
Sofia did not say that love changes.

5 comments:

RC said...

Hey,what happened to Mary!

Unknown said...

Mary is writing about Sofia.

Christopher T. George said...

Hi Didi

This has a nice insistent quality to it with the repeated "Sophia said..." and variations. Good work. I believe it should be "Sofia said my next lover sat on a throne" not "thrown"

All my best

Chris

Unknown said...

thank you for catching my typo.

Pris said...

d
this really captured me. that last line is a killer!