Monday, July 11, 2005

"She Hated Men In Discount Underwear" (for Reb who wants to know)

She Hated Men in Discount Underwear




And she hated men in silk.
She hated men in fresh top
running shoes, and she hated men
in weather. She hated men
in perfect polyester and
she hated men from last semester.
She hated men in flannel shirts
and she hated men who were late
for work. She hated men
in pimpy record stores and she
hated men in raves. She hated
men on ocean cruises, and she
hated men in waves.


~Lorna Dee Cervantes
forthcoming in Play, Book III of DRIVE: The First Quartet (Wings Press)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi - I will be ordering your ipod by the end of this week so it should be there sometime next week. I will let you know when it ships. I have to go shopping for which one to get you. Do you have a preference?

RL said...

Thanks for letting me know!

Pris said...

I like this poem! Glad to see it's already out there.

Lorna Dee Cervantes said...

the white one

whatever you can afford

new 20g, but I'll take a mini

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
y gracias

Crispus Litvak said...

At first I thought,

"No underwear at all! That's the answer"

Then I thought,

"Oh well, there goes Poem-on-a-Boat. There goes surfing."

Then I thought,

"Shut up old man. Just shut up."

I liked this poem. Congratulations on the ipod!

Chuck