Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Mae West - Reb Livingston

Thousands of miles out to sea,
on the island of Insanity, high
up on jagged cliff, teeters a
lone sanitarium. Room 281
has white concrete walls
and two women in hot pink
straight jackets.

Reb: I'll be damned, I'm rooming
with Mae West. Wat up Mae?

Mae: I expect to be here, but not
for good.


Reb: You got that right.

Mae: Is that a gun in your pocket?
Or are you just glad to see me!


Reb: Uh, no. It's my pretty little
Bedside Guide. Want a peek?

Mae: You certainly make it sound
attractive.


Reb: Something tells me you'll really
like it.

Mae: I wrote the story myself.
It's about a girl who lost her reputation
and never missed it.


Reb: He who hesitates is a damned fool.
Oh wait, that's your line. I'm losing
it here.

Mae: To err is human,
but it feels divine.


Reb: I just miss my man.

Mae: A hard man is good to find.

Reb: Tru dat sister. Tru dat.

Mae: Good sex is like good bridge.
If you don't have a good partner,
you'd better have a good hand.


Reb: Let's not think about that
just yet. What are you in for anyway?

Mae: I used to be Snow White... but I drifted.

Reb: Yeah, me too. But it wasn't the
seven dwarfs that drove me crazy.
It was .....those damn


poets.


Credits: Mae West's dialogue copied
from her original quotes found here:
http://www.brainyquote.com

3 comments:

Michelle M. Buchanan said...

I don't know Reb Livingston personally, or Mae West for that matter. Out of the choices, this just seemed like the most fun to try.

Lyle Daggett said...

I totally loved the Mae West quotes. Especially the one about playing bridge (I broke up laughing).

My favorite Mae West quote (and one of my favorites quotes by anybody):

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful."

Michelle M. Buchanan said...

Lyle, I was mostly familar with "come up and see me sometime" so most of them were new to me. I bet for her time some of the stuff she said was SHOCKING!