Sunday, January 15, 2006

I'm a tacky poet-gal...

And I hope this is okay with the moderators, but I can't help being excited and letting everyone know...


That my chapbook is now out from Burnside Review Press, where it was selected as the winner of their first chapbook contest.


"Daphne & Jim" is not your everyday run-of-the-mill chapbook of poems. It's a choose-your-own-adventure book, based on the events of my parents' disastrous courtship!


So I wnated to take this opportunity to feed y'all a link:


http://burnsidereview.org/purchase.htm


... and to offer a free copy to anyone who'd like to read the lil thing for a possible review. B


ackchannel: sweetlorelei at msn.com


Yay!


(and... oh, yeah! I had a baby, which is why I've been scarce... http://mosecentral.blogspot.com for nudie pics)


xo

7 comments:

Rae Pater said...

that's fantastic Laurel! It must be such a buzz to have your own book out!
I'll check out both those links when I get a chance. And congrats on the new bubby too.

nancy said...

Ah, congratulations Laurel! I'll check out the links directly.

RC said...

Congrats,Laurel.

Christopher T. George said...

Many congratulations, Laurel.

Chris

Pris said...

Laurel...so neat. A baby and your book!!! Congratulations on both!!!!

Michelle e o said...

Congratulations Laurel, on the baby and the book. Great news.

Laurel said...

thanks everyone! you're all so sweet!