Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Confessions of a Hungry Whore

“Every man I’ve ever known
was having a relationship
with himself.

One time I did an experiment:
I tied one bloke's wrists with
one of my best stockings

but still he bled.

Another I beat
around the bush
but that was his own

face he was sitting on.

I would try and find
a way in up
front

which was hard

as all roads
led back to
romance.

So I developed the practice
of devouring them
as we fucked.

That way it meant
I could start
at one end

and still
enjoy them
for breakfast.

Good timing I discovered,
like good grooming,
was essential.

If I delayed past a
certain point there
was no satisfaction

to be had.

If I went too soon
I’d bite off the hand
that fed me.

Sheer ecstasy
was to be achieved
by imagining them already dead

- on arrival,

(after all, you don’t want
unnecessary blood
on your bed).

No, when
all is said
and done

you gotta
face life
head on.

Mind you,
the problem
        remains:

you can’t look
them in the eye
and eat them at

the same time.

Men eh!
Who’d have ‘em
when they can have themselves instead.”

4 comments:

Pris said...

This is like a black widow spider poem. Nice!

Unknown said...

bravo dear.

d.

LKD said...

Bravo, indeed.

Brav-OH!

Why is it that when I read your stuff I feel like standing up and shouting or banging my hands on a table?

God, this is good.

AnnMarie Eldon said...

Dear Ladies

when we get a fella comment positively on this poem we know we're not in trouble

until then...

;-))