Sunday, December 11, 2005

Flivver fading just for fun

Not for the competition, just
for laughs. A little breaking of
the ice for you guys.

This town is dirty and dull,
blanketed in a chicago overcoat
dead factories and papers
flying in the wind. Garbage
scattered into empty spaces
with nowhere to go, nothing to
do, but drink and have sex.

I took a nap, got up and showered
painted my eyes thick
in canary shadow
then flew out to Nippers
Dive for a few drinks.

No sooner did I walk in the
door did I see him. Damn,
he was hotter than vigorish
on licorice. Well, okay
he was hotter than duck soup.
Okay okay, he was HOT.

Those tight jeans, god-damned ringers
I could tell he was a real lunger
and before the night was over I'd
snap a cap, I'd cap his snap.

The mazuma was on the table but
I was looking at the package
and the ringless hand that might
as well have been orphan papers
waiting to be signed.

I made sure my ass was right behind
the eight-ball before he took his shot.
I shook it good and sweet, java
with cream and sugar.

When the game was over I
strutted it over, whispered
in his ear "I have the bees,
they're humming and buzzing
in my mouth just waiting to
make some honey, honey".

That flim-flammer jumped in the flivver
and faded, jumped in the flivver
and faded ....

all night long.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! Good job. Lets see who else brings me the goods.

over and out.

d.

Pris said...

Oh this one's fun! I've got all the names figured out now...just the poem to go. Now that's gonna be harder;-)

Michelle M. Buchanan said...

Thanks Didi & Pris, it was fun to do.