Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Flim-Flammer Jumped in the Flivver and Faded: Fraidy-Cat's Last Meow // Lyle Daggett

The Flim-Flammer Jumped in the Flivver
and Faded: Fraidy-Cat's Last Meow

I'm tired of hoppin behind the eight-ball.
This is one canary who's goin home
in a Chicago overcoat. Cmon, cmon,
shake out the duck soup already.
I got a place to jam out in the getaway sticks.
You know me, you know how I have the bees
for you. Put a clapper on the java
I'm tellin ya. I aint no nickel
and dime lunger. Think I won't?
I'm tellin ya, yer lookin for a quick ride
in the big mazuma. I had enough.
Time to see the knock-knock man.
When we get done won't be nothin left
but last year's nippers. Okay, Hokey Joe,
hand him his orphan papers. Ringers
don't dance to this tin can tune.
Gotta fly this kite before I snap
a cap. No ups or downs to it.
It's gettin too damn vigorish in here.

4 comments:

nancy said...

Yes, Lyle, you're right. That looks much better without the double spacing.

good choice.

666poetry-finchnot said...

ah economics / i wish i could write
some thing contained like this

this reads like a song / / some thing
hip / / thanx / lyle / cool read

Pris said...

Whoops..I posted on your poem on your question post below. I like it! You can read it there:-)

Lyle Daggett said...

Thanks, everyone.