Friday, February 10, 2006

~carnal knowledge~

~Carnal knowledge~

So now I have relaxed some.
The bottle of rum is gone.
My friends have all gone home.
All that's left are particles in air.

Oh, and my wife. She's here too.
And all my pets and whatever
Is left in the fridge. And the TV.
The TV is on mute. The stereo pushes

abandoned words like falling leaves
Like specs of dust, longing for
Carpet, tile, wood, wine cellars,
like they offer some true reprieve.

So now I lay sturdily lodged in
spaces between my fridge and my TV.
Behind my couch, under my couch, between
the cracks in the cushions of my couch
like a treasure for some fair fortuned
navajo dog to never find. just dust
cemented in kitchen corners or laying
lightly upon The best bottle of wine
that was ever forgotten through
generations. Unknown to mankind, like the

orbit of earth.

a slight breeze.

(c)lucsimonic2006

5 comments:

David said...

hey, enjoyed this!

luc u! said...

cool. thanks for saying so.

666poetry-finchnot said...

when i got to the end of this
& realized you wrote this / i was
surprised / so different from your
usual piss & vinegar style of what
falls from those finger tips / lol


hi luc / i miss you

great poem / fun read


~finchyx

Unknown said...

record this one luc.

remember to say your name and title before reading the poem.

send it when you can.

d.

Birdie said...

This was a pleasure to read, lovely.