Friday, August 11, 2006

What happens when you google yourself

I found a critique of one of my older poems at Poets.Org's board.

I wrote it after a poetry reading at Amy Serrano's home when I met a poet/novelist who had been invited to read and also who just so happened to have been a Political prisoner in Cuba for many years.

It is amazing how many different ways they find to write poems while being held in a Cuban prison. One of the tortures they do to them is strip them naked and leave them in a cold marble room among other monstrosities.

Didi

1 comment:

Pris said...

d,
what they do to prisoners is awful..god! The review, so confusing. It starts out with the cornea transplant (and I was ready to go fight them at that point), then moves to that beautiful statement of grace in your words. So true!