Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Any way to post single-spaced?

Didi or anyone else,

I posted a poem for the "flim-flam / flivver" thing, but didn't like the way it looked with double spaced lines, so I deleted the post.

(In general I don't think poetry works well double-spaced, other than individual exceptions here and there that are done for special effects. I write all of my poems single-spaced. Spacing is an important issue with poems because it can affect the overall flow and movement and sound of a poem when you read it.)

I couldn't figure out how to make the lines single-spaced. It looks the formatting is defaulting to double spacing. Is there a way to get around the default formatting and change the lines to single spaced when you're posting?

Thanks --

****** Update -- problem solved. See poem posted above. If you're trying to figure out how to post with single-spaced lines, see the comment by David in the comment box for this post. (Thanks, David.)

4 comments:

David said...

Lyle, you should be able to force single spacing for an individual post by enclosing your text with the folowing:

< P style="line-height: 1.0;" >POST GOES HERE.< /P >

those tags won't work in the comment area, so i can't tell for sure if it works here, but i have a similar setup on my blog and it works for me.

--D

Lyle Daggett said...

David, thanks for the suggestion and code. I'll give it a try.

Pris said...

First of all, thanks to David for that tip. I see it worked.


and I love that poem, Lyle. Kudos! You got those words in seamlessly and the poem is just top dollar.

Lyle Daggett said...

Thanks, Pris.